March 16, 2020
Dear LHS Families and Students,
I hope this message finds you and your loved ones well. These are unprecedented times, and we are working together to address your questions and concerns regarding our schools and students. I know this closure impacts all of us deeply. The school closure will remain in effect until Monday, March 30th. It is strongly recommended that students stay home during the closure as much as possible and do not gather in public places. We hope to reopen on Monday, March 30, but that decision will depend on the circumstances at the time. We will reevaluate this plan and will continue to provide updates to our families through email and on our school website. We are saddened by the turn of events, but we know that the health of our entire community is most important.
Please note the following guidelines and information that apply specifically to Lopez High School:
- Term 3 grading period ended on Friday, March 13th because of the closure
- Any outstanding work you would like to submit, please do so digitally and send directly to your classroom teachers
- Teachers will be checking their email daily; email addresses can be found on the LHS school website
- Teachers unanimously decided to waive the 85% rate for Term 3, therefore all students will earn the credits they achieved no matter their attendance for T3
- Students should use this down time to work on their Capstone projects to maintain timely progress
- Katie will be contacting students who were supposed to present their Capstone projects on March 20th regarding a new plan
- Students enrolled in Edgenuity classes should also use this time to catch up on their coursework for Credit Recovery
- Students should check their emails daily for updates and communication from their teachers
- Students with IEP services will resume upon return to school; all IEP meetings and assessments are also postponed until we return
- The Wolf Den may be available to any family in need, please email Ms. Bowen for more information with your specific requests
The district has provided a list of links to inform our community with current information about COVID-19 and to provide links for students to engage in voluntary enrichment opportunities. Please see these links on the Lucia Mar Unified School District website.
Again, please know that the safety and health of our staff, students and their families is of utmost priority. We look forward to resuming the 19-20 school year when we have clearance to do so. I will be in touch with all of you as information is updated.
Best regards, and stay healthy Lobos!